Sunday, November 9, 2008

A Rocking October

October 2008 in the Lopez house was completely insane. Every weekend we had something going on. It started with the Butterfly Flutterby in downtown Grapevine. We dressed the kids up like butterflies and they flapped their little wings down Main Street. So much fun if you take Lennon smearing her butterfly makeup the second we got there and then crying the whole time she was in the parade out of the equation. Poor kiddo. Her face paint was so cute, but by the end she looked like a goth butterfly :)





The next weekend we were off to the costume party that Lewisville hosts every year. The girls were so freaking cute. Lennon was The Little Mermaid and Lucie was Flounder. When I tried the costume on her for the first time she looked like a little boy so I made her a little yellow tutu to "girlie" her up a bit. This event is so much fun. The kids enter the costume contest then they play games to earn candy and cupcakes. I love seeing how cute all the little kids are dressed up!






As if the costume party wasn't fun enough Andy and I decided to further torture, I mean indulge in fun family memories at the Flower Mound Pumpkin Patch later that afternoon. We put the kiddos in their best holiday garb complete with a little orange bow with a skull for Lucie which she proceeded to take off every other minute. Lennon loved all the cut outs, hugging each one and saying "You're my best friend" . I even managed to fit my big mom butt in the train. The Patch is always great for photo opps, but the bees were really bad this year so we headed home pretty early this time.








At home we broke out the pumpkins, turned on the scarey Halloween music, popped open a bottle of vino and got to carving. The kids LOVED pulling out pumpkin guts and I must say Andy and I showed up with some pretty fancy carving skills this year. I even toasted the pumpkin seeds ... a la Super mom Queenie style.







Could it be ... finally we got around to the real Halloween and trick or treating. This year we were "those people" again and invaded someone else's neighborhood that we thought would give out better candy than ours. Valerie and her mom Sharon thankfully not only fed us yummy salmon and brussel sprouts before we hit the streets but they also put up with my suger indulged, maniac children. You guys know how nuts Andy and I are about the dinner routine in our house so when both the girls had to get up and run around while we ate dinner I about came un-glued. I mean this only happens once a year...well if you take away Easter, birthdays, Christmas, Thanksgiving and Valentines Day so I know I should just chill out :) We only ended up going to about 6 houses because poor little Lucie just couldn't grasp the whole put the candy in the bag and move on to the next house routine. She wanted to eat each piece as she got it and then got very frustrated when she couldn't hold them all in one hand. At one point she laid down on the sidewalk. She also tried to run into every house we went to .. too funny, or scarey. We ended up back at Val's and Lennon handed out the rest of the candy. She's a smart one...one for you two for me :)








Over all we had a great time! October is always such a great weather time of the year in Texas, couple that with lots of free family fun time and even though it was a little crazy at times it always is my favorite time of the year.














































1 comment:

Texas Freys said...

Girl you need to write more!!! Very well done. You should come camp. We have a great spot cleared.
Be in touch