Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Summer Lovin ... Had Us a Blast!

Now that the summer is over I finally have some time to post on my blog. I know I need to keep up better with this, but it seems of late that I am too busy reading other people's blogs :). We have had the BEST summer ever. We played outside like mad dogs, did tons of stuff with friends, went to the circus, went to the BEST wedding ever in the Hill Country for our friends Steph and Justin, cooked outside almost every night, put up a play house for the girls, visited my grandparents and my aunt and uncles in Illinois, I went to DC three times, and Toronto once, Rylie girl came for a visit, I turned 30, Andy turned 29, our tiny baby that was JUST in my belly turned 2, Queenie had a birthday, we finished our kitchen, we went to the PAUL MCCARTNEY concert, I made tons of cupcake pops (my new passion), Lucie learned to talk, Lennon learned to chill out (mostly). It has just been GREAT! These pics are not in chronological order, sorry.

PS- I need to add some more b-day pics from my 30th and our trip to Illinois. These will be posted soon!


Lulu at Queenie's B-day breakfast. She NEVER cries so I had to post this!



Seriously, could this be any more classic? Me, always posing, and my beautiful prissy (not) daughter with her finger up her nose.



My two favorite homeboys.



Meggie and Queenie! Happy Birthday Queenie! Glad you are still around at 21!


Lucie wearing the sunglasses Aunt Elaine bought her! SHE LOVES THEM!!!!!


Opening presents at Lucie's 2nd Birthday. Blayne's like ... uh huh ... I want what is in the bag :)


Uncle Jack with his favorite chicas!

Lucie waiting for her birthday to start. I made her have an Elmo party. Lucie is so silly, she doesn't have a "favorite" anything. She just likes to hang out with Lennon and me and Andy. No tv character, no favorite color, nothing she's childishly crazy over. Just her family. I LOVE IT! I know it is wrong, so wrong. But I really love that she just wants to be with us! WE are her favorite :)

Mimi bought this for Lu's birthday. A bow holder! Our friend in Ennis made it. Amanda Zabonik http://www.myspace.com/redbarncandlecompany . She also makes seriously THE BEST candles EVER! They burn twice as long at Tyler candles and they smell better and they are cheaper. GO TO HER SITE!


I made some Elmo cake pops for Lucie's birthday party. They are SO good and I have pretty much become obsessed with making these things now. They are just TOO cute!





Andy and I were SO blessed and were able to go to the Paul McCartney Concert. It was pretty much my idea of heaven. I just needed three other guys up on stage with him. The concert was at the new Cowboy's stadium and was just amazing! At the very end he finally put some images up on Jerry's screen, this was, " Here Comes the Sun". Heaven. For Me.


At the show! Big dork Andy!



Paul on the screen. He was so amazing! Light hearted, young, played for three hours straight, played about 15 different guitars, moved me, made me so thankful for my parents, made me feel good about my kid's names, just really really made me happy!

Serving drinks for our friends in our suite for the Paul McCartney concert.



At Lu's birthday party at Teressa's. All the mommies with their babes :)


CHEESE - Happy 2nd Birthday!!!!

My kids on the street in Oak Cliff. Should I say anymore?


River 09! We went a couple of times this summer. Brother Jack actually made it out this trip so I was super happy! We rented an awesome house that sat right on the river. Loved it loved it loved it!


Me and Val-A-wa!!!



Happy 29th Andrew Bradley Dyke Lopez! You are my best friend and the BEST dad ever! Seriously dude!!! Same team Farvre!



Lennon and I at the Circus. She was trying to be brave :)


We went down on the floor before hand and they got to try on some costumes.

Watching the show ... love this shot!


Breakfast on the new island in the kitchen. They love sitting in the big red chairs!



Lucie AKA the dirtiest baby EVER. I think she had markers, dirt, crayons, worms, Ebola, cooties, I mean everything on her this day. She's super!


Let me out of the house...I'm so dirty, I must live outside with the worms and the other people of the Earth who truly understand me! Lennon, you don't get it. You still freak out when a spec of dirt hovers near you.

All the cousins with Papa Pez!



My Favorite pic of Andy and Lu. I know these girls are going to look at these pictures one day and say, "Mom, what was the deal with those big bows"? Um...really? Can anything be cuter than this?



Looks like trouble ... the FAM on the way to watch fireworks.


Cheesers all around! It blows my mind how much Rylie looks like Mimi Rox.




This is just a little too much JonBenet, but the girls had SO much fun. They had a real tea party with pink cupcakes and got to dress up in whatever they wanted to try on. Blue eyeshadow was the rage and all was pure and perfect in the world for that hour.



What Lennon really did our whole family vacation at the Texan. Poor kid really struggled. She was so excited to spend time with Rylie, but I think, had some hard moments in dealing with the fact she had to share - sometimes.

Me and the girlies with Micky the monkey. He was super cute. He had some moments though ... made me a little nervous.

Our three silly girls with their hats/braclets. They fought over these for three days. They never lost air. Go balloon man!


Our sweet baby Lu playing outside. Too fun! Too cute. Too Lu


Me and my Grandma Millie Candy celebrating my 30th birthday. I love her more than I can express. I want to be all of the things that I love about her. Her bookshelves, her garden, her unfailing love of what she cherishes, her class, her strength, her books, her bleu cheese dressing, her love of the earth, her love of her family, her love of her mother, her love of MY mother, her love of me, her love of her husband, her love of fairies, her love of magic, her love of possibilities, her love of children, her love of animals, her love of love. Love you Grandma!!


My new second cousin. I want to steal him. Look at his face. I also want to steal his mama and have her come hang out with me and my girlies for a weekend. Swap mama stories, life stories, love stories. Love me some Hudson AND Cooper and some Ben and Stacy!


Ummmmm...can you say Candy family resemblence. Laura Varee Vs. Lucie Varee. Auntie - you rock! I'm so glad my girlies have you like I have you!!!!!


Growing up we always took pictures out by the front yard tree. Prom night, homecoming, easter, everything got documented by that tree. It killed me when my parents had to cut the tree down. Such is life I guess. But man it was hard. Don't know how long we will be in this house but, I want as many tree pictures as possible.


Shamless plug...but I'm SUPER proud. My team voted me teammate of the year for 2008. This is me crying like a fool. I had snot coming out of my nose - seriously. NICE. I was insanely humbled and honored and just really floating out of my body.



Some more cake pops. These were for my friend Kate's shower. She didn't know if she was having a girl or boy so I did a mash up. I loved the way they turned out. Seriously these things have become my outlet! She ended up with a boy. Baby Beau. Sweetest baby ever. I got to rock him recently for a good 20 minutes. He tickeled my chest with his tiny little hand and looked right in my eyes the whole time. I *heart* him! Dang it....I'm a little baby crazy right now and craving a little boy, is it that obvious?




Did I mention, I am making diaper cakes also. I just think these make the cutest table center pieces!




I will end on this HOT note. Me and Elizabeth and Val on my 30th. We had SO much fun and I felt so blessed to spend this night celebrating with two of my childhood friends. I know how rare that is and I am so unbelieveably grateful.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

OK – I feel like you need montage music for this post! I don't know why, but you have me tearing up over here....I am just so happy for you and your beautiful, full of life family! I am so glad to be a part of it! Love you, love your sweet little girls and their personalities!

Elizabeth Guest said...

Thanks for the update! I must be in sync with Val, the tears were flowing. Love you and need to see the girls soon. Tell them LALA needs a hug!